Pool Fences: The Number 1 Way to Make Your Pool Safer
As a pool owner, pool safety is key to the continued enjoyment of your pool. We’ll go over a few general safety tips for your pool and recommend a pool fence to handle most of your safety concerns.
General Swimming Pool Safety Tips
Owning a Premier pool is like having a resort in your backyard—it can bring joy and happiness to your friends and family without having to buy ten tickets to Cabo.
To keep the vacation atmosphere fun, it’s crucial to keep on top of your swimming pool safety. Here are a few things you can do to ensure everyone is safe and the fun continues all summer long.
- Put your pool chemicals out of the reach of children. Your swimming pool requires cleaning chemicals to keep it safe and clean for your family. And you must keep these chemicals stored out of reach of your children, lest they accidentally imbibe them. Also, never store chemicals in direct sunlight. You can always just leave it to a Premier pool service professional.
- Keep rescue equipment and a first aid kit handy. It’s a good idea to have a life preserver and a shepherd’s hook nearby where anyone can access them. These items can help save a drowning person without putting yourself at risk of drowning. Here’s more helpful information on this.
- Learn CPR. You’ll most likely never need to use it, but the peace of mind that you know what to do in the event of a catastrophe will be worth it. It can also come in handy during many different situations away from your pool. Find out how to get certified here.
For more water safety tips, check out this article.
These tips are great for when you’re poolside, but for all the time you don’t spend in your backyard, an effective way to keep it safe is by putting up a pool fence.
The Benefit of Installing a Pool Fence
The most obvious benefit is that if your child finds their way into your backyard unattended, they won’t fall into your pool. If they’re climbers, a good safety fence will be at least four feet high and made of climb-resistant mesh—tough to climb without any foot or handholds. This benefit also extends to your pets.
Another benefit of a pool fence is that it will keep your pets and most wildlife out of your pool. Swimming pools can be deadly for animals, such as skunks, chipmunks, mice, lizards, frogs, snakes, fledgling birds, and, of course, your pets. Animals can find their way into your pool with no escape route.
If you’ve never seen a pool fence, don’t worry–it’s not an unsightly monstrosity. They can be pretty stylish, so you don’t have to sacrifice aesthetic quality for safety.
You also needn’t worry about being able to see into your pool in case someone or something makes it over. A mesh fence is clear, so you can see your beautiful pool and not worry about what may have fallen in it.
If you choose to go with a gate on your pool fence, the gate should open away from the pool. It should also be self-closing and self-latching for maximum safety.
Premier Pool Fences from Guardian
At Premier, we’ve selected Guardian as our vendor of choice for safety pool fences.
The safest and strongest removable mesh pool fence in the industry, Guardian’s Premier Pool Fence has all the qualities of a good safety fence mentioned above:
- Climb-resistant wire mesh.
- Available in heights up to five feet.
- Gate opens away from the pool.
- Self-closing, self-latching gate.
- Transparent so you can see your beautiful pool.
- The only pool fence to meet building code in California.
The gate is anchored by stainless steel rods inserted into dime-sized holes in your decking. The patented locking deck sleeves secure your fence to the decking, so it can’t be removed by gale force winds or an enterprising young child.
All Guardian fences can have a removable mesh pool gate installed for ease of access during pool parties. They’re also climb-resistant, self-closing, self-latching, and key-lockable.
Guardian uses the best quality materials on the market to create the safest, sturdiest pool safety fences and gates in the industry. Visit their website to find out more.
Pool safety is key to keeping the party going all summer long.
With Guardian pool fences, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your children are safe, and it won’t be an eyesore in your otherwise gorgeous backyard oasis.
Contact Premier today to talk about having a Guardian fence installed for your pool.