Having a light bulb to illuminate your swimming pool is something that may be important to your pool parties or hosting a backyard dinner party and someone feels eager to jump in the swimming pool. Fixing a light bulb can be done simply by anyone, but if the process gets too complicated for you, we recommend that you call a pool service company to help you fix up the burnt out light bulbs.
There are a few essential items that you’ll need to complete this task. Which are a screwdriver, circuit tester, dry towels, the replacement light bulb and a replacement lens gasket. These are the few items to help you change out your burnt light bulb.
Before you Begin
Make sure to turn off the power to your swimming pool that way you don’t electrocute yourself in the process of changing the light bulb.
To reach the light bulb that has burnt out you might have to drain your swimming pool water a few inches.
Before you begin make sure you have the correct replacement light bulb, unless you cannot identify the type you need until you actually remove the old light bulb.
- Turn off the power to your swimming pool. Remember that you’re replacing a light bulb and messing with electrical wires and those objects don’t mix well with water.
- Your next step is to remove the pool light from its casing. You’ll have to unscrew the pilot screw which is at the top of the light.
- After the screw is removed you’ll be able to take the light out of the fixture and lay it down on a towel so the lens doesn’t scratch.
- Light fixtures are assembled by putting screws and clamps to hold them in place. All of these have to be removed in order to reach the light bulb.
- Removing the light bulb, carefully take a towel and unscrew it from the fixture. Once removed you can place it on a dry towel.
- Next you’ll want to screw in the replacement light fixture, but make sure not to screw it in too tight. After the light bulb is replaced you can install the new lens gasket.
- Lastly, you’ll want to check that the light bulb works and if it passes the test you can return it to its right place to light up your pool.